Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Breakfasts




We have excellent weekend breakfasts at our house! At least one day each weekend Frank puts on his chef hat and goes to town. I love that he's experimenting in the kitchen. When we first started dating I think all he could do in the kitchen was heat up leftovers. Now he's a grillin' machine and a breakfast champ. The picture on the bottom is what Frank made this weekend. That is a fried egg panini and potatoes with mushrooms, onions, and goat cheese. Yum! Now, the pancakes and bacon...that was all me. I want to share these two recipes with you because I've tried a ton of pancake recipes and this one is the best I've found. It's the recipe my brother uses. AND the bacon...oh my gosh...once you have this bacon, you can't have it any other way. Trust me!

Fanny Farmer Griddle Cakes

1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder

(I also add a splash of vanilla and ground up flax seeds if I have them!)

This makes about 12 small pancakes...enough for about 3 adults.

Best Ever Bacon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Put a large scoop of brown sugar on a plate. All you have to do is lightly coat your bacon on each side with brown sugar and place it on the cookie sheet. That's it! I set my timer for 15 minutes then watch it carefully from there on out because it goes from perfect to burnt in no time. The brown sugar creates a caramelized coating on the bacon that makes it to die for!

Let me know if you try these recipes and love them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment