Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chopped




I pretty much spent the entire day in the kitchen yesterday chopping veggies. We're going on vacation in a couple of days so I like to play this game called, "What Can We Have For Dinner Only Using What's Left In The House?" We've actually eaten really well this week by playing this game. It's fun! Monday we had bar-b-que turkey sausage, sweet potato fries, salad, and corn. Tuesday we had turkey meatballs and spaghetti. Last night we went Mexican. I chopped up one onion, one red bell pepper, one jalapeno, two cloves of garlic and sauteed that in olive oil. I then added two cans of black beans and viola....black bean burritos! We put that concoction in a whole wheat tortilla, added cheese, tomatoes, green onions, salsa, and sour cream and it was delish! Tonight is left-over night and finishing up everything in the fridge. Tomorrow we'll grab something to go and we officially made it through the week! Does that mean I won the game? Of course!

I also made the Veeves a bunch of baby food. We only had orange foods left for her from my last round, so I figured I needed to add some color to her diet. The bottom picture is 49 two ounce servings of homemade baby food. That should last us quite awhile. Vivi will be dining on sweet peas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, zucchini, carrots, and brown rice. At some point I need to venture on to meat. That will be my next baby food making adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment