Thursday, July 7, 2011

I love....


-that I bought this house as a single teacher in her 20's without anyone's help.
-the huge hostas that we've split a bunch of times and they keep coming back bigger.
-the huge lavender bush in the backyard.
-this was our first house together as husband & wife and now it's Vivi's first house.
-the mantel over our fireplace that was built by my best friend's husband as a house-warming gift.
-my chocolate brown dining room.
-my red door.
-not 1, not 2, but 3 well-established Japanese maples in the yard!
-the old glass knob door handles...even if they occasionally fall off.
-the crown molding.
-the wood burning fireplace that has seen many fires and even kept us warm when the power was out.
-the built-in shelves on either side of the fireplace.
-the built-in art deco mirror above the fireplace that I used to think was weird.
-the wood floors.
-the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment