Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Final Product...



Okay, ladies and gents, here is the finished table!  It's been finished for awhile now, but I just can't seem to blog as much since I've gone back to work.  There are some imperfections that will probably drive me a little bit crazy every time I look at it, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I did it the right way this time....sanded, primed, painted (two coats), and polyurethaned it.  It's amazing how nothing sticks to it when you do it the right way.

The No.1 and No.2 came to me when I realized that I didn't want to put Vivi's name on the table.  I found this cool way of doing painted lettering.  I found it on Pinterest, of course.  Click below if you're interested....it worked great, to my surprise.

Painting Lettering on Furniture

Pinterest also helped me tremendously with the chevron.  If you want to make a chevron stencil, check out this website below:

Make a Chevron Stencil

How did I survive before Pinterest?  I say that at least once a week.  Below is the website I found that helped me redo this table the right way.  I followed the directions they gave pretty closely.

How to Paint Furniture the Right Way

Vivi loves her little table.  She likes to color, read books, and have snacks on it.  Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment