Sunday, August 5, 2012

Making progress

One more week of summer vacation.  :(  How in the world did it go so fast?  I've got a busy week too. Tomorrow I'd like to work in my classroom some.  I'm behind the learning curve there.  Everyone's classrooms are almost ready and mine is a wreck.  I just hate giving up my summer time with Vivi to go up there.  I tried working while she was there.  That didn't work. She's just a busy little girl.  Teachers report back on the 13th, but our rooms are expected to be ready, so I've got to make some time for that.  We're going to our last story time at Pottery Barn kids on Tuesday.  Our last library story time on Wednesday.  Vivi's going for a half day at Ms. Shelly's on Thursday so I can work in my classroom and ease her into that.  Friday we're having our last play date with my little group of MC teacher friends at the splash park.  Meanwhile I need to clean my house, wash and iron work clothes (YUCK!), start some meal planning and possible freezer meals, and finish Vivi's little table and chair set.  I made some progress this weekend.  The annoying parts are finished.  I sanded the furniture, in 110 degree temps by the way.  That's my least favorite part of any project!  Here's Frank helping me tighten all the screws and make some minor repairs to the chairs.  What a good husband and daddy he is! :)  


First coat of primer.  I used an oil based primer that was recommended by a few different blogs.  I hope it works.  It looks kind of streaky, but people swear by it.


Here are the chairs and table all primed and ready to be painted!  They already look so much better.  Bye-bye Winnie the Pooh....hello chevron!  I have black, white, and coral paint ready to go...stay tuned for more pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment