Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shut UP!


If you haven't seen "Sh*t Girls Say" on Youtube, then you need to stop what you're doing right now and watch this video.  I've watched it about 15 times and crack up every time I see it!  It's hysterical and I think every girl will see themselves at some point in that video.  What does that have to do with my blog post?  Well, to me this silly picture of Vivi's funny face looks like she just heard her best friend (Josie) tell her that her boyfriend (Collin) just broke up with her.... and Vivi's saying "Shut UP!?"  hee hee...

So, Vivi is now 14 months old.  I don't have those cute little month by month stickers anymore, but I feel like I should document her developments just for the heck of it.  Vivi is quite the chunk.  I haven't weighed her recently but I suspect she's about 22 pounds.  I had to run to the grocery store for just one thing yesterday and decided to just hold her instead of putting her in the cart.  Big mistake.  She's heavy!  I love the little Chubette though!  Vivi is now crawling and scooting everywhere imaginable.  She pulls up on the furniture and can make her way around a room.  She loves to walk while holding your hands.  It's so cute to watch her.  Vivi's always been a verbal baby, but now she's just continually shocking us with her vocabulary.  She can say two and three word sentences!  "Hi Mama" "Hi Dada"  "Bye bye Mama" "Bye bye Dada" and "Where'd Dada go?" Some of her other words - sunshine, what, milk, more, hat, baby, ball, papa, that, dog, cat, book, sissy, nana...and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.  It's pretty incredible.  She's not walking but my baby can talk!

Vivi's eating almost all regular food.  I do occasionally give her a jar of baby food if I feel like she's missing something.  We're struggling lately with vegetables though.  She'll eat almost everything you give her.....except a vegetable.  Ironically, she'll eat any veggie in baby food form.  Vivi's babysitter told me today that I need to be more forceful with this issue and only give her green beans or carrots first before any other part of her meal.  We'll see how it goes.  I gave her a bowl of cooked carrots today in a bowl and she took them out of the bowl and put them back in the bowl over and over again for about 10 minutes. :)  Maybe one made it to her mouth, but I'm not even sure about that.  Oh well...she's definitely not malnourished.

I can't believe my baby is so big!!

No comments:

Post a Comment