Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Friend Ellen's Carbonara


I just made the most delicious dinner tonight..I have to share.  When Vivi was born, my friend Ellen brought over a huge pan of Pasta Carbonara.  It was delicious and there was so much of it that we ate it for days and then we even froze some for later.  Frank randomly brings up that pasta that she made, so I just asked her for the recipe last week.  Well, like all good cooks, there is no recipe...she made it up.  She told me how to make it and it sounded easy enough.  I remembered that there was a yellow bell pepper, a red bell pepper, and mushrooms in it.  When I went to the grocery store today there was a special on yellow and red peppers and mushrooms right when you walk in the door.  Weird.  So here's how I remember her telling me how to make it.  Ellen, if you're reading and I got it wrong somehow, then you need to try it my way next time because it was YUM!

1/2 lb. bacon diced
1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
1package of white mushrooms sliced
1 1lb. bow tie pasta
1 container of Butoni Alfredo (I suppose you could make your own, however this refrigerated brand is all natural and has no weird ingredients- just stuff like cream, parmesan, romano, etc...)

Okay....so all you have to do is brown the bacon, then throw in the peppers until they are soft.  (Yes, you are using the bacon fat...I did not claim this dish to be healthy!) Then add your mushrooms.  When everything is nice and soft you throw in your container of Alfredo sauce.  Add this deliciousness to the pound of pasta that you cooked up separately and voila!

I took a picture of the ingredients and planned on taking a picture of the finished product.  That somehow didn't happen.  We had friends over for dinner and we gobbled it down and I forgot completely about a photo opp!  Oops!  Trust me....delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment