Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Thanksgiving Mantel





I hope this doesn't look too cheesy because I had a lot of fun doing it!  I'm really getting into planning Vivi's birthday party.  I LOVE the fall.  I had a fall wedding filled with pumpkins of all colors and candles and twigs galore.  (In fact, those twigs on the mantel are leftover from the wedding!) It never even occurred to me until recently that Vivi's birthday will always be in the fall, which means that I can decorate fallish forever!  This mantel was very easy to do.  I bought some really cute scrapbook paper for the THANKFUL letters.  Yes, I used the di-cut machine at school to do my letters...oops. :)  I bought a heart punch-out at Michael's for the leaves that Vivi and I collected today on our walk.  The rest is just burlap rope, little clothes pins, candles, etc.  I even used the cut out hearts from the leaves as mantel confetti...can't beat that.  Hope this inspires you to decorate for the fall instead of jump to Christmas like so many do!

No comments:

Post a Comment