Monday, November 28, 2011

The $100 Teacher's Lounge Remodel









Well, it's kind of finished.  It has been for awhile, I'm just waiting for someone to hang up the coat rack that I bought.  It hasn't happened yet, so I thought I'd go ahead and post some pictures.  I can post some more pictures when everything is complete, but for now this will have to do.  When all was said and done I spent a total of $103.99...not too bad, huh?  My biggest trick for staying on budget was Hobby Lobby.  Everything I bought was 50% off.  I didn't do much, I just added a little bit of a cozy touch.  Like I said before, the kitchen itself is really nice.  It has just become the junk room/dumping ground for everyone there.  I'm hoping that changes.  I've gotten some really good feedback and I'm not sure about other teams, but I know the third grade teachers have started eating lunch down there now.  So, that's a start!  I made a small gallery wall on the largest wall, a coffee bar, added a touch of red with the curtains and other things, and gave it a good cleaning.  It still really needs a coat of paint, but that's just a little too much work for me these days. :)  I hope you like it!

1 comment: