Monday, September 19, 2011

Yumminess






If you grew up in a small town in the south you are probably aware of what I like to call fluff.  This fluff (I think my brother and I made this name up...not sure what it's really called) always showed up at church potlucks.  I avoided it at all costs.  I can't stand food that is not a natural color...pastel pinks, greens, blues, and oranges with unidentifiable chunks.  I can't even drink blue drinks, alcoholic or not, because what drink is naturally blue?!?   Anyway, my point is I'm not a fan of these types of 'salads'  EXCEPT for this one.  Someone made this at a school luncheon and I mistakenly thought it was potato salad so I took a scoop.  Thank goodness I did, because it was delicious.  This is called Apple Snicker Salad and I highly recommend it.  It's not pretty and it might not even sound good, but trust me.  It's delicious.  It tastes similar to a caramel apple.  Here's the recipe:

4 Granny Smith apples diced (with skin on)
6 Snicker bars chopped
1 container of Cool Whip
1 small package of instant vanilla pudding

Mix the pudding and the Cool Whip together then add the chopped ingredients!  That's it...that's all you gotta do!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment