Friday, September 9, 2011




What a week.  I can't tell you how happy I am that it is Friday.  It's been an emotional week, to say the least.  The little boy from Vivi's babysitter's passed away on Wednesday evening.  His parents had to make the emotional decision to take him off of life support.  5 months old.  SIDS.  Sickening, I know.   And....not to make this about me, but Vivi's babysitter can no longer take infants, which is any baby under 12 months, until DHS finishes their investigation since this happened while he was in her care.  This was not her fault.  It happened.  I found all of this out last night and I'm trying really hard not to freak out.  Anyone that follows my blog will know that leaving Vivi in someone else's care is REALLY hard for me.  The fact that I found a place that I love and that she loves is huge.  I have 2 1/2 months until she is a year old and she can return.  What am I going to do?  I have a couple of options that I'm exploring, but I need to figure this out now.

So....I called a flower shop today to send an arrangement to the church.  I had the parent's names written on a sticky at my desk and the name of the church when I called.  I found myself panicking and starting to stress multiple times today as I started really thinking about the fact that Vivi can't go to her babysitter's next week.  Every time this happened I just so happened to glance at that sticky note with those parent's names on it.  My problem is nothing compared to what they are experiencing right now.  Nothing.  I will figure this out and hug and kiss my baby as much as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment