Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My other love...FOOD!



So, I have two things to share concerning my recent kitchen adventures. The picture on the top was one of the quickest, most delicious meals I've made in a long time...I just have to share it. It literally took about 5 minutes. I bought frozen tortellini and threw those into boiling water. They only take 5 minutes at the most. While they were cooking I diced 4 tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, about 10 basil leaves, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar, and salt/pepper and I threw all of that into the blender. I blended it for just a bit, then tossed it onto the drained tortellini. That's it! That's all you gotta do! I didn't even cook the sauce. It was DELICIOUS! Talk about a quick and great-tasting summer dinner!

So, the second picture was quite the opposite....very time consuming. I bought the Sprinkles cupcake mix from Williams Sonoma for $13.99...not exactly a cheap cake mix. The directions were so detailed it actually made me laugh. It took a lot of extra ingredients and took some time. Now, don't get me wrong, they were some of the best cupcakes I've ever had, but I'm not sure if they're worth the cost/time/extra ingredients. The money I spent on the mix and ingredients, I could have just gone to a cupcake bakery and bought some already made! Oh well...live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment