Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The breakdown...



Okay...so here's the breakdown on the homemade organic vs. store-bought organic baby food. I bought a bag of organic carrots at Whole foods that cost $1.99. It made 18 one ounce servings of baby food. $1.99/18=$0.11 a serving. The organic 2 ounce serving of jar food costs $0.59 or 29.5 cents an ounce. I think that's enough of a savings, plus you know exactly what your baby is eating. My freezer is STOCKED with frozen baby food. I won't have to buy or make baby food for a long time. It's nice to just pop a fruit and a veg into a small glass bowl the night before and it's ready for baby in the morning. I can't remember the costs of all the other stuff I bought, but this is a good example. Also, two pears made 8 one ounce servings and Vivi's loving it. She loved the zucchini too! I'm so glad she's not a picky eater....I hope that doesn't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment