Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oops...I just spent $75 at Loops

I've been wanting to learn how to knit for a very long time. I've been talking about it forever. I've just never gotten around to actually doing it....until now. Well, I just invested $75 in this new hobby of mine, so I better actually learn how to do it.

Let me start at the beginning. At my school, there is the nicest mom that loves to knit and she volunteers her time every Thursday to the Knitting Club. Anybody that wants to learn can come AND it's free! We got an email recently from our school secretary asking if anyone would volunteer their classroom for the Knitting Club on Thursdays after school. I quickly replied that they can use my room so that I would be forced to learn by proximity. For the past few weeks a nice little group of little girls come to my classroom for their weekly knitting club. I haven't officially joined the club...I'm usually getting my classroom ready for the next day as they're sitting around the table talking and knitting. Last Thursday, I finally just went straight to the knitting store, Loops, right after school and bought what I needed to start. I did not think this hobby would cost me $75! Yes...what you see in this picture above is what I got for $75. It better be the coziest blanket ever for that price. Well, and it is organic.

I hope this isn't a repeat of the time I wanted to take piano lessons from our school's piano teacher. She was so nice and patient and even gave me a keyboard to take home for practicing. This new hobby of mine didn't last long, one summer to be exact, when I realized that she had given me the same piano books that my third graders use! It is kind of funny and sad at the same time. Hopefully the Knitting Club won't be the same sort of situation....I'll have to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment