Sunday, March 14, 2010

Are weddings like babies? Does everyone think their wedding is the cutest?






So I decided to enter my wedding into the Brides of Oklahoma Magazine Four Seasons contest. Frank and I got married November 7th, 2009, so naturally my wedding falls into the autumn category. I spent over an hour yesterday going through my 2,000 wedding photos trying to pick out the photos that showed some of the little details that I loved so much. I loved my wedding and I wouldn't change a thing. However, despite the ridiculous amount of money we spent on our wedding, it was still considered a "budget" wedding in the grand wedding world. I realized this again as I watched Jason and Molly's wedding on The Bachelor: The Wedding last Monday night. Of course anyone can have a beautiful wedding when the budget is unlimited, but can you also have a beautiful wedding when you are on a budget? Of course! I just hope the Brides of Oklahoma Magazine realizes this too....because after I spent all that time picking and choosing my photos to submit I made the mistake of looking at some of the photos on their blog. Yikes! It made my wedding look like the junior varsity team. I'll admit it, I had a moment of doubt...maybe I shouldn't enter this contest? I'm clearly not going to win, so why should I even try?

Then I had a moment of empowerment! Of course I'm still going to enter this contest. I'm fighting for the "normal" people out there...not the "unlimited budget" people. I guarantee you there are more people on a budget than not! I think future brides need to see that you can have a beautiful wedding on a budget. I did.....and I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment: