Monday, March 22, 2010

Best Ever Pot Roast


The first day of spring (also my birthday) and it snows....unbelievable! The hubs and I took a road trip to Kansas City for the weekend to visit the my brother's family. Bryan, my brother, told me that he'd make anything I wanted for my birthday dinner. Sounds like a nice brother, doesn't it? Well, only until he taught his two little boys, my adorable nephews, to call me Aunt Bubba - a nickname he made up for me when we moved to Texas as kids. Oh, and by the way, I HATED that nickname and still do. He obviously is still getting the reaction he wants from me. When am I going to learn? Gotta love big brothers!

Anywho, for some reason meat and potatoes came to mind. Maybe it was the 8 or so inches of snow out the window? Now, I know this blog is new and a few of you are asking, "What is the point of it anyway?" One aspect of the blog is that I love to try new recipes and share them with the world. I rarely make the recipes up myself, but I do like to give credit where credit is due. In this case, my brother did the cooking (this time) and The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook is where the recipe came from. And boy was it delicious! Here's the recipe if you're interested, and you should be interested because it was the best pot roast ever....and I really mean it this time.


That's all you gotta do!

Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment