Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Eve Cookies? Ok!



I've never been a huge fan of New Year's Eve.  Sure...we had some fun ones, especially when Frank was gigging it up somewhere.  But, in general, I'd much rather have a night at home with friends or family.  That's what we're doing this year.  My parents, brother, and nephews will be coming over for a steakhouse dinner and game night.  I'm sure Frank would rather be on a stage somewhere, but I'm pretty content just staying home.  We decided to have a fantastic dinner that would normally cost a fortune at a steakhouse and wouldn't taste nearly as good.  We're making Ina Garten's Steakhouse Steaks, Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes and creamy onion blue cheese steak sauce, homemade Caesar salad, homemade bread, and NYE cookies.  The last part I made up. :)  I bought all the ingredients to make these fabulous Christmas cookies I got last year as a gift.  It turned out that we had so many goodies around the house that I didn't need to make them.  So....I turned them into NYE cookies.  Instead of dying the swirl red or green, I chose yellow.  And instead of red and green sprinkles, I chose multicolored!  Ta-da....that is how you make a NYE cookie!  I will slice and cook them tomorrow then blog about our dinner again soon.

If you want the recipe for these delicious NYE cookies.....click below!

colorful swirl cookie recipe

P.S. - I love that there is subway tile in the background of my food pics now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment