Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Feast of the Seven Fishes




So I think we're having Christmas Eve dinner at our house this year.  It will only be five of us, and that includes Vivi, so we can all comfortably fit in our snug and cozy (i.e. - small) home.  It is Italian tradition to eat seven different fishes on Christmas Eve.  It is called La Viglia di Natale or the Feast of the Seven Fishes.  Italian families gather together for the Christmas vigil and fish is on the menu instead of meat.  My big Italian family does partake in this tradition.  I have a vivid image of my grandpa eating a sea urchin...ewe!  Now, I'm not planning on making seven fishes for just us, but I am going to prepare a seafood dinner.  I'm thinking a nice lobster bisque will be on the menu.  I'm currently researching some other yummy ideas.  If you have one, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment