Monday, January 17, 2011

Will we ever sleep again?


Webster dictionary defines sleep deprivation as, "A form of psychological torture inflicted by depriving the victim of sleep."

There are times in the middle of the night when I truly feel this way. I feel like I'm slowly going insane. I can't tell you how many times I've said to Vivi that it's a good thing she's cute. :) Vivi is going to be 8 weeks old on Wednesday and sleeping through the night seems so far away right now. I can't even imagine it. I've read every single book, cover to cover, that you can imagine. Here are a few:

Baby Wise
The Baby Whisperer
Baby 411
The Happiest Baby on the Block
Moms on Call Guide to Baby Care

What I really want to do is throw all of those books in the fire and at least I'll get some warmth from the fire so they won't be a complete waste. We had about 8 days in a row when Vivi slept in 4-5 hour blocks and I thought we were over the hump. I felt like a new woman. Then this whole entire past week we're up every 2-3 hours again. She's also eating like crazy, which makes me think she's probably going through a growth spurt. But really, I have no idea what is going on. We like to call it at our house, "The Guessing Game".

So, on that note, I need to get off the computer because it's now time to feed Vivi and hopefully put her to sleep for the night! She's going to sleep 6 hours tonight, I can just feel it! (That's what I tell myself every night and one day there will be truth to this!)



No comments:

Post a Comment