Friday, February 17, 2012

Time for a change...

One word to describe how I'm feeling lately....Frumpy.  It's time for a change. There's something about motherhood that make you put yourself last.  You hear people say that and it's so true.  It also has a lot to do with being a working mom.  I know that being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but I honestly think being a working mom is even harder.  Sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself at school I honestly cringe.  I've gotten in the habit of just grabbing whatever doesn't have to be ironed, throw it on, and I'm out the door.  I have about 35 minutes to get ready before I have to get Vivi up in the mornings, so that usually means I'm out the door with semi wet hair.  Not a good look when it dries.

Our cute friends, Mitch and Amber, came to visit us a couple of weekends ago and they're both so darn cute and hip.  Great style.  Frank and I used to be like that. Now, not so much.  Seeing them made me want to get out of this funk.  (Side note: they don't have kids yet) :)

So, I called my hairdresser a couple weeks ago to make an appointment and she couldn't get me in for a month!  Good for her, bad for me.  So, I'm using this opportunity to try another salon.  I've been with her for 10 years and I do feel like I'm cheating, but I'm secretly excited to see what someone else can do with me.  I'm kind of a blank slate right now...long and straight hair, not much to it.  So, I've been researching on Pinterest some ideas for my hair.

I REALLY like the long layers below....



Source: etsy.com via Caryn on Pinterest



And I really like the color on this picture, although I'm just planning on getting some highlights....I can't have too much of an up-keep....


Source: google.com via Caryn on Pinterest



And the bangs....oh, the bangs....


Source: google.com via Caryn on Pinterest






I love both of their bangs but I also know that wouldn't look the same on me.  I have a ridiculous cowlick (Wow. Is that really how you spell that?)  right in the middle of my extremely large forehead.  It takes a lot of blow-drying to make my bangs go in one direction.  Again, I'm looking forward to a new perspective on my bangs too.

So, stay tuned.  I go in a couple of weeks.  If I meet the miracle worker then I'll put a picture on the blog.  If you don't see any pictures up in a few weeks, then I probably look the same as always...Frumpy...

No comments:

Post a Comment