Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A day off...

Vivi had her 15 month old check up today and shots so I decided to take a day off to be with her.  Her chubby little baby legs have three bandaids on them from her shots. :(  She actually likes going to the doctor until someone has to touch her.  She says hello to everyone in the waiting room and all the nurses, loves looking at the pictures of babies on the walls, she likes counting the cars as we look out the window, and points out the Utica Square clock every time.  Right after the shots were finished and the nurse left the room, Vivi said "Bye Bye" as a tear rolled down her cheek.  Like she was saying, "Don't worry, nurse, no hard feelings.  I know I have to get my shots to be healthy."  She's such a sweet little girl.

So, now we're home, had some lunch, and Vivi's sleeping soundly.  I should get up and clean my house, do yard work, or something productive.  Instead I'm in my bed with my laptop.  What the heck, right?

I'm thinking about projects to do around the house.  I'm going to go through my Easter stuff and get that all out to decorate.  It is only a little over a month away.  I found an idea on Pinterest that I'm recreating.  Here's their picture....I'll have to show you mine when I actually finish it.  It will be slightly different.




I'm also thinking about this house that we decided to stay in for another year.  There are so many things I want to do to this house, but we just don't want to put money into it since it will soon be a rent house.  But my itch for change is getting the best of me.  Paint, after all, is cheap.  The two areas I want to refresh are my hallway and my dining room.  I desperately want a new dining room table but won't buy one until we know what our next dining room and house will look like.  So maybe I'll just change the paint and accessories.  The hallway is a smaller project I'd like to take on during Spring Break.  I have a very small hallway and want to do a gallery wall....much like this....




This picture is great because that is the exact layout of my hallway.  But I also don't just want everything to be black and white...that's what I have now.  Here is another inspiration:


Source: houzz.com via Caryn on Pinterest


Or maybe this....




We have collected over the years a nice variety of prints, photos, posters, etc.  What really stinks is that our house is so small and all of the walls are currently occupied, that most of these treasures are stored away waiting for a bigger house.  I think I can incorporate some of them into a gallery wall though.  We'll see.  Frank thinks I'm crazy....he thinks it already looks fine, why change it?  Good point, however maybe these projects will keep me satisfied for the next year while we stay in this little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment