Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I did it...



I did the thing I thought I could not do this morning...drop Vivi off at her babysitter's house. I went back to work yesterday, but Grandma came over so it wasn't that bad. Today, however, I had to take Vivi to the babysitter. I was up last night from about 3:30-5:30 just worrying. I emailed the babysitter last night a super long neurotic email describing all of Vivi's favorite games, foods, how to put her to sleep, you name it. I have to say that as a teacher, neurotic moms really get on my nerves, but now I am one! Oh my. I cried the whole way there despite the open windows and blasted air on my face. I finally pulled myself together, got her out of the car, walked inside and cried again. What is wrong with me?!?! Thank goodness I'm so busy at work because the day flew by. I only texted twice and called once...not too bad, right? She was napping all three times. All of my worrying and Vivi had a great day. She was having a snack when I picked her up and chatting up a storm. They even gave her goldfish today and she loved them! Who knew? Now I can breath a sigh of relief and know she's going to be just fine. I survived the first drop off day. All of the others should get easier. Let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment