Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Deli Lady at Reasor's Cobbler Recipe

So, I went to the grocery store after work today and I made two major mistakes. First of all, I was starving. Secondly, I forgot my list at home. I'm a big list maker and I'm also convinced that grocery lists save money. So, needless to say, I spent a lot of money on the most random items. However, there is a silver lining. I had a long conversation with the deli counter lady and even scored a recipe out of the deal. It could be disgusting, who knows?! I'm still going to try it because she swore by it...and when anyone swears by a recipe, I'm game. It all began when I was browsing the prepared foods counter and drooling. (I really should have had a snack before I went because those foods normally don't look very appetizing.) She caught my eye and said she had slabs of ribs coming out of the oven in fifteen minutes. Sold! I was wondering what to make for dinner. So I did my grocery shopping then strolled back to the deli counter. Well, the ribs weren't quit done like they promised, so I had to wait a few minutes and chat it up with the lady. She even came from around the counter to chat with me. That's when I got the recipe. Here it is:

Reasor's Deli Counter Lady's Cobbler Recipe

1 Cup Self rising flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Cup milk

Mix ingredients together. Then rub melted butter inside an 8 X 8 pan. Pour the batter in the bottom. Open a can of fruit - she suggested blackberries- and pour just a little of the liquid out. Pour on top of the batter mixture and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick comes out clean (she said like 30 minutes to an hour - kind of a big difference, but oh well). Viola'

So, if you try this cobbler recipe and hate it, don't blame me. If you try it and love it, I'll take the credit. I'll give it a try soon and let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment