Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Vivi!


It's official...Vivi is 2!!!  We had a great birthday weekend filled with family, presents, and cake!  We didn't have the big party like last year.  I decided that I want Vivi's birthdays to be family celebrations until she's older.  Not to mention that we kind of had a lot going on lately.  Not only did we just move, but we also ended up hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house since my parents were sick.  I really loved it, but it was a lot of work.  Here's a picture of Vivi with her prized possession....her baby stroller from her cousins Drew and Brady.  She is in heaven pushing this around.  That was always the first toy she headed for at her friend Josie's house.  Now she has her own!




We went to our new Reasor's, (which is amazing, by the way....I LOVE a good grocery store) the morning of her birthday party to pick up some last minute items.  We bought pink plates, striped napkins, and a balloon.  She was so happy that I had to just stop and take a picture of her in the middle of the store!  She held those pink plates the whole way home in the car.



I made the most amazing birthday cake.  My mom always made us homemade birthday cakes every year and I am going to do the same for Vivi.  This was the start of the snickerdoodle cake with brown sugar cinnamon buttercream frosting.  BUTTERcream....lots of butter.....but so, so good.


Delicious!  Want the recipe?  Click here:  Snickerdoodle Cake


I've never made a 4 layer cake before, but it really wasn't that difficult.



Vivi got some good presents this year...right up her alley.  She got a doll house that has a potty in it too....all the rage among the kiddos.  She got a radio flyer bike and stroller from her cousins, a pretty dress and purse, an alphabet puzzle, a new baby doll, counting elephants, cooking toys, bath crayons, and most importantly.....money for college.  ;)  She's one happy little girl!



Silly cousins!

Happy Birthday Vivi Grace Arnold!  We love you SOOOOOO much!

1 comment:

  1. last year my fingers got you off this year my tounge will, then it's time you learnt what a 2 yr old does with her mouth, swallow what you can and you will look good with the rest dripping off your chin

    ReplyDelete