Monday, September 6, 2010

Three years later, it finally bloomed!

This is too monumental not to share. Three summers ago I bought a plant at the farmer's market. The old man I bought it from threw in another plant for free. So, gladly, I took it and planted it in my yard having no idea what it was. For three years this ugly plant has grown straight up with a bunch of leaves that look strangely like marijuana leaves. We've been calling it the 'marijuana plant' for years and it's the ugliest thing in our garden. I cut it down every year and miraculously it always returns. So, not too long ago, I look out of my kitchen window and this is what I see...a big, beautiful red flower!!! So far I've seen three of these flowers and I've taken pictures of all three because I just can't believe it! I guess good things do come to those who wait. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment